The following content between the dotted lines were written by a very good friend. I saw her post about Robin Williams on FACEBOOK and asked if I could repost here on LasVegasNewsBlog.
Written by Elizabeth Taher Kovic
It’s always so jarring when someone like Robin Williams dies. Particularly because like many of my peers, we felt like we almost knew him. His familiarity was like one of the kids you went to high school with. The one that was ways doing something when the teacher’s back was turned. The one that said everything cleverly. All the things you thought, that flew out of his mouth so brilliantly.
Probably the one who went home at night and cried in the darkness. The one who never, ever let his guard down. The one who hid behind the funny man mask. Busy parading around with a clown nose and a lampshade hat. Not sure which demons he was fighting. We all have our share. His brand of humor was delicious, like Shakespeare’s Puck. A mischievous imp who gets the love in the end.
I am so saddened to see him go. He gave his audiences so many gifts. Rip Robin Williams. Just one more gone before you had the right to go.
As I read my friends post on FACEBOOK, Elizabeth expressed what I was thinking. He touched so many peoples lives in a rainbow of ways. Thank you Elizabeth Kovic for allowing me to use your post about Robin Williams.
– Cocaine is God’s way of telling you you are making too much money.- I went to rehab in wine country just to keep my options open.
– Jonathan taught me that the world is open for play, that everything and everybody is mockable, in a wonderful way.
– Comedy is acting out optimism.
– See, the problem is that God gives men a brain and a penis, and only enough blood to run one at a time.
SOME of MY FAVORITE ROBIN WILLIAMS MOVIES:
As an Actor he had over “102 Movie” Credits! Not to mention Voice-Over Work, Writing work, Producer,Director…
– Patch Adams
– Mrs. Doubtfire
– The Fisher King
– Dead Poet Society
– Good Morning Vietnam
– Moscow on the Hudson
And TV Show – Mork & Mindy!
NOW LET’S TALK ABOUT SUICIDE and DEPRESSION:The Following Statisitics Were From http://www.save.org
Suicide takes the lives of nearly 30,000 Americans every year.
- Many who attempt suicide never seek professional care.
- There are twice as many deaths due to suicide than HIV/AIDS.
- Over half of all suicides occur in adult men, ages 25-65.
- Over half of all suicides are completed with a firearm.
80% of people that seek treatment for depression are treated successfully.
15% of those who are clinically depressed die by suicide.
The strongest risk factor for suicide is DEPRESSION.
Depression and Suicide Is Serious. It Can Happen To Anyone at Anytime. Get HELP. Call The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 24 hrs. a Day:
In the U.S. call 1-800-273-8255
Thanks For The Memories and The Laughs,